The G. R. Brown School of Engineering scholarship for Professional Master’s in Engineering was established by the Dean of the School of Engineering to encourage outstanding Rice undergraduate engineering students to pursue a professional master’s degree at Rice. The scholarship is for $11,000 for each of up to two semesters in which the student is enrolled in an EPMP at Rice.
To be eligible to receive the G.R. Brown School of Engineering Scholarship, a student must:
• Be enrolled as a Rice engineering undergraduate, progressing with good academic standing toward completion of a bachelor’s degree,
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher, and
• Have applied to, been accepted by, and matriculated in a Professional Master’s degree program in the G. R. Brown School of Engineering.
Students must submit all of the following:
• A written statement of goals of no more that 250 words. In the statement, the applicant should address professional and personal goals, motivation for pursuing a professional master’s degree in the desired program, the impact this scholarship will have on the applicant’s career goals.
• A two page resume showing work experience and other accomplishments to date, including honors, awards, published papers and all other information the applicant deems material for consideration.
• Two letters of recommendation. At least one of the letters should be from a Rice University professor.
Selection and Award Process
A Selection Committee will review the application materials; awardees will be notified by March 31st.
During the application process, applicants may contact the EPMP office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications: Monday March 13, 2017
Letters of recommendation: Wednesday March 15, 2017